|FOOD BANKS & FAMILY AID IN MECOSTA AREA|
To support their work, OR to use
-West Michigan Food Bank, Comstock Park 616-784-3250 - To find other "Feeding America" food banks in Michigan, click here..
-God's Helping Hand, Remus 989-967-8581
-American Legion Food Pantry, Morley 231-856-4229
-Barryton Area Mobile Food Pantry, Barryton 989-382-7872
-Crossroads Worship Center, Howard City -989-561-5021
-Project Starburst, Big rapids 231-796-5342
-Reed City Ministerial Food Pantry 231-832-2624
-Salvation Army, Big Rapids 231-796-5597
-Manna Pantry, St Andrew's Episcopal Church, Big Rapids 231-796-5473
-ANGEL FOOD MINISTRIES: -
-Big Rapids Church of The Nazarene 231-796-8140
-To find other Angel Food sites, click here.
FOR COMPLETE LIST OF THE FULL RANGE OF HELP FOR FOOD..RENTAL AID...SHELTERS...PAY LOANS...CLOTHING...CHILD CARE , click here.
TUESDAY EVENING MEAL at St Mary's Parish Center, 919 Marion Ave, Big Rapids. NO CHARGE & NO RESERVATION NEEDED. 5:30 - 6:30 PM every Tuesday evening. For more information and/or to volunteer to help, click here.
TUESDAY EVENING MEAL at St Michael Parish Center, 8944 50th Ave (Route 20), Remus. NO CHARGE & NO RESERVATION NEEDED. 5:30 - 6:30 PM every Tuesday evening. For more information, call (989) 967-3520.
Food Stamps and Family Aid: Department of Human Services--
Family independence program, State emergency relief,
State disability assistance, food stamps and Medicaid.
800 Watertower Road
Big Rapids MI 49307
Hours: 8:30-4:30 M-F
FREE OR DISCOUNTED PHONE SERVICE FOR LOWER INCOME FAMILIES:
There are several programs that can provide this service. In each case, you may qualify if your family income is below certain levels. For more information...
Verizon customers may apply for discounted service by filling this form: click here.
Michigan residents who meet these requirements may qualify for free phone service.
A - You qualify for Lifeline Service in your area if...
1. You already participate in one of the following assistance programs:
* Federal Public Housing Assistance / Section 8
* Food Stamps
* Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
* Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
* National School Lunch (free program only)
* Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
2. Your total household income is at or below 150% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines (FPG). The table below provides the maximum income you can have to be eligible for service.
Number Persons in Household Annual Income Monthly Income
1 $16,245 $1,354
2 $21,855 $1,822
3 $27,465 $2,289
4 $33,075 $2,757
5 $38,685 $3,224
6 $44,295 $3,692
7 $49,905 $4,159
8 $55,515 $4,627
For each additional person, add... $5,610 $468
3. No one in your household currently receives Lifeline Assistance through another phone carrier. If someone in your household is receiving Lifeline Assistance you must cancel the service before applying for Lifeline Service through SafeLink Wireless.